Lucian Moraru, born in Galați, began playing the violin at the age 5 years. After the primary school he turned his attention to another instrument, the viola, leaving the hometown to follow his teacher, Gavril Manciu, in Sibiu.
Then, he attended the University of Music in Bucharest under the guidance of professors Valeriu Pitulac and master Ștefan Gheorghiu (violinist).
After 1990 he took part in master classes in chamber music at Kercade in the Netherlands – Professor Milan Scampa (member of the Smetana Quartet) and in London with Amadeus Quartet.
In 2008 he graduated from the law faculty of Nicolae Titulescu University in Bucharest.
He began his musical career as a member of „George Enescu” Philharmonic Orchestra in Bucharest, while performing a solo activity as soloist under the baton of famous conductors such as: Sergiu Comissiona, Petre Zbarcea, Mihai Brediceanu, Daisuke Soga, Horia Andreescu, Iosif Ion Pruner etc. Concerts and solo recitals include countries like Romania, USA, Sweden, Canada, Greece, Russia and Italy. He is playing on a viola made by Italian luthier Bruno Tondo.
He is also active in various projects that belong to the chamber music genre such as: string quartet, string trio, string quartet etc. and at the beginning of 2005 he set up “Traffic Strings” – an instrumental group that approaches a broad repertoire: Pre-classical, Classical, Romantic, Modern and Contemporary Music.
Currently, Lucian Moraru acts as a freelance professional, broadening his scope of activities in the field of music such as studio producer, musical director of some theatrical productions and TV broadcasts, but he is especially concerned with the design of musical arrangements and instrument orchestrations fthe following instruments: violin, viola, string quartet, string orchestra, clarinet, trumpet, saxophone and nai. Among his achievements as self-employed include:
- Collaboration as Phill Byrd’s assistant musical director for „Damian’s Fire” production for American TV station P.B.S
- Musical director and co-producer of the three editions, 1999, 2000, 2001 of the Romanian Culture Excellence Award organized by the Romanian Academy
- Musical director and general producer for “REINE DU CIEL” album of the Mexican artist Lorena Tassinari for DECCA record label.
- Launched, formed and guided a chamber voice band, „Artis Voice Quartet” – four male voices, a group that sustained during the 2000-2006 concerts in Romania and abroad and which, at the suggestion and under his guidance, recorded 4 acapella albums: Florilegiu Christian, Christmas (Christmas), LoveStoria Per Semper (Renaissance madrigals) and an album dedicated to color music called „Gospel Pulse”.
- Multiple collaborations as a musical director with director Alexandru Darie for various corporate events as well as Christmas shows offered by the Bucharest City Hall.
- In 2003, at the request of director Alexandru Darie, he puts on stage a musical show entitled “LoveStoria Per Sempre” which was dedicated to the reopening (after renovation) of the Grădina Icoanei Hall of the Bulandra Theater.
- Produces at the Romanian Opera “ClassiComicShow” for the awards ceremony of the Bucharest actors. There is another collaboration with director Alexandru Darie for two performances offered by Coca Cola at the Romanian Opera and in December 2005 he collaborates with Realitatea TV for the music direction of Carmina Burana by Carl Orf in the performance of „George Enescu” Philharmonic – conductor Cristian Mandeal for the “10 for Romania” broadcasting.
His musical arrangements have often taken the form of disc prints, namely: SOLITUDE album, whose soloist is Adrian Petrescu – the first oboist of the „George Enescu” Philharmonic, „The Seasons” of Antonio Vivaldi in the performance of Gheorghe Zamfir accompanied by TRAFFIC STRINGS Quintet. In 2009 he orchestrated a bunch of tango songs composed by Astor Piazzolla for string, piano, accordion, and nai, a project that was released under the name „Tango Finesse” and in 2013 he released two other chamber productions under the signature of his arrangements: „TRAFFIC STRINGS LIVE IN CONCERT” and „TANGO AFICIONADO”. All of its discography productions are distributed internationally, both physically and digitally, through the most important distribution networks like Amazon, iTunes, eMusic, Classiconline etc …
“… Demonstrating an advanced technique, the plays performed by Lucian Moraru allowed him to increase the value of the performance through a technical exercise full of power and speed …” – “Music News”
“… Talented, sensitive and virtuoso Lucian Moraru raises his viola to the rank of soloist …” – “Cotidianul”
“… The violist Lucian Moraru offered moments full of delight to the audience, who rewarded him with long applause for an exceptional interpretation …” – “Musical News”
“Few violists have revolutionized so much virative interpretation as Lucian Moraru. In love with the experiments that highlight the technical and expressive possibilities of this orchestra instrument, (viola) Lucian Moraru is today one of the most prominent representatives of the development and affirmation of this instrument in the forefront of the concert podium. His violin technique paved the way for a solo career, and the passion and depth of his creative spirit pushed him to look for new horizons in approaching a varied and interesting repertoire. “- ”Music News”
3 răspunsuri »